If you are new to property ownership, there is much to learn and managing a family size home does require a long list of domestic services that you might need to call on from time to time. There are many things that can go wrong with your home and here are some of the tradespeople that you should source locally and store the numbers in your smartphone.
- Electrician – Whether you need a load centre from SQD Groups, or a safety cut-out replacement, you should have the phone number of a local electrician stored away somewhere, just in case.
- Roofing Contractor – Most homeowners have their roof inspected on an annual basis, which means that any minor issues can quickly be repaired before they cause any damage. You should inspect your roof after heavy storms, as these can often cause roof tiles to be dislodged, thus allowing water to enter the roofing structure.
- Plumber & Drain Cleaning Services – Every building has a complex network of water pipes that run through the rooms in the house and these pipes are pressurised and should one spring a leak, you will need to shut off the water supply as soon as possible. Imagine having a blocked drain! This is another time when you need a drain clearing specialist who can quickly pinpoint the blockage and take steps to remove it. If you are of the opinion that you can unblock the drain using an over-the-counter product, please note that in most cases, a DIY attempt actually makes the blockage worse. Click here for ways that you can support your local community during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Locksmith – There are several reasons why you might need the services of a local locksmith; either you have locked yourself out of your home or car and wish for the locksmith to gain entry without causing any damage, or you have recently been the victim of a burglary and wish to have all the locks changed. Either way, calling in a locksmith is the obvious solution, plus he or she can supply & install home security systems.
- Heating Engineer – If you lose your central heating in the winter, this is classed as an emergency and there are heating engineers that come out when called, and while they might have a call-out fee, you really have no choice if your heating system breaks down. It is wise to have your central heating serviced in the autumn months, just prior to the arrival of the cold weather.
- Satellite TV Engineer – If you happen to lose your satellite signal, or the picture is snowy, you need to contact a satellite TV engineer who has the know-how and the equipment to perfectly re-position your dish to give you optimum reception. There is also the question of telecommunications; namely your phone line or your Internet connection, something you can’t really do without.
If you spend half an hour sourcing these emergency services now, then if you ever need them, you simply dial up the tradesman and book a visit. Of course, you should check with the WHO website regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic in your country.